Monday, February 7, 2011

2010

Haven't blogged in forever haha, and I doubt I'll be starting it again. Just felt like recapping last year. Hmm so lets see. 2010 really seems like an intermediate year for me. I didn't really get involved in anything new or meet too many new people. I mainly just got to know people in my own A-levels class but not many other people. I kinda see college as just a 1 year pass time thing to get me to University where I really want to get involved in things. I guess some people could point out that if you really wanted to get involved you could have done it but I guess I didn't feel like it last year.

Lets recap from the beginning shall we haha. The first three months of 2010 was spent in Slim River, Perak carrying out my National Service =). It was a good experience honestly. I mean I don't think it was the best way to spend my time and I didn't go there with many expectations. I wanted to do my best and try to get a leadership position or something out of it and I did.

It started off quite boring and having to get to know new people. The first or second night I had a bad fever and diarrhea but luckily I had 2 amazing friends who took care of me and let me wake them up at REALLY ODD hours of the night. Thanks Khishaan and Kee Kiat =). Later on I got one of the two Assistant Company Leader posts of Delta Company. A lot of the activities weren't very new as I did a lot of it during my time in Scouts. I got too meet tons of amazing people and for about 3 months and another 3 months after NS I became a Christian. I guess it was the loneliness haha but it was still amazing while it lasted. At the end of National Service I was awarded the Best Male Trainee, so that was a awesome! I learnt the lesson of perseverance in NS. There were some times that I really did face some challenges as Ast. Company Leader. During the kawad training people made it hard as they didn't trust me. And at the end of it all when I thought we couldn't win best company after how hard we tried.We were the first to be in the assembly ground every morning, cleanest room, best marching team(even the instructors admitted it when we practiced) and the boys did great in the sports competition. I teared up a bit when the company teacher told me the kawad competition was canceled(because I thought it was all over for us as kawad was our strongest point and it was one of the highest mark competitions). Finally however we did win best company =). That was really a big award for us, showing our teamwork and how hard the team leaders worked.

After NS I started out A-levels in HELP University College. Met a lot of awesome people =). I suppose I didn't study very hard in 2010 and I'm planning to pick up the slack in 2011. Initially I thought I wanted to do Biotechnology but after some consultation and thinking I finally decided I'd take the path of Law. It's more me being the talker and outgoing person I am. And I'm into human rights, history and a little philosophy so yeah =)

My brother, Virata met his current girlfriend who's pretty awesome too! She's real friendly and she's someone else I could look up to. She's an amazing writer! Well yeah she's a journalist but still her English is amazing! So kudos to him for finding an awesome girl and hopefully they go all the way(it sure looks that way!).

My other brother, Kapila seems to have found his true calling in Air Asia. He's doing very well there and he seems to have gotten friendly with the big people at Air Asia haha. I'm really happy for him finally raking in the big bucks after all his hard work and everything he's been through the last 6 years.

I started drinking hard in 2010 too! First clubbing experience in Ministry of Sound at Sunway Pyramid! That was pretty awesome haha. Got really drunk and started dancing like a "lobster" according to my friends. Well I'll admit it wasn't my finest moment but I'm always trying to put a smile on everyones faces! xD

I definitely stepped my game up in the gym. Finished 2010 with a 115kg 3 rep squat, 5 rep 65kg Bench Press, 5 rep 107.5kg Deadlift, 5 rep 45kg Military Press. I picked up Power Cleans too and I finished 2010 with a 3 rep 55kg Power Clean. All in all I say it was a successful year at the gym and I learned a lot. As usual the gym never lets me down =) It's really been a good teacher. Trust me the gym teaches some serious discipline and dedication. Only if you take it seriously though.

Basketball wise mid-year I tried training with the HELP team for a month and a half but eventually I realized I couldn't keep that up. It required way too much time, 4 days a week 6-8pm. Made me way to tired to study. Eventually I had to give that up. I sort of ignored basketball for the rest of 2010 and focused on gym. I guess I felt I wasn't going anywhere. Towards the end of 2010 I began to pick it up again. I'm going to go hard at it in 2011.

I really leaned back on my high school friends in 2010 rather than get closer to my college friends. Really the only two close college mates I have are Shaun and Andy. Mostly I fall back to always hanging out and meeting up with my high school mates.
So I don't know if its a good thing or bad but their definitely the people I trust.

My little Christian adventure of 2010 was quite the interesting one haha. I really did the whole thing, wake up at like 630/7am on Sunday take the train to Church so I could make it for the 8am service xD. I met a lot of amazing people there. Really people in church are very accepting. It was nice, but alas I decided Church was not the place for me. Probably if I went to a charismatic church instead of a brethren church I might still be a Christian while typing this haha. But life has its own plans for me ;)

Had a house party in July while my family was in Sri Lanka. That was awesome haha. Thanks to everyone who attended and made it a great evening! Definitely one of the highlights of 2010! I think I REALLY like house parties/gatherings where you chill with a group of your close friends! The food was nice too! Thanks for the creativity Michelle and the girls! I still don't think Michelle got paid the whole sum back xD.

It's nice to be the guy that plans all the gathering though it's a little hectic sometimes but it really gives you a feeling of satisfaction when everything comes together. It's really awesome having friends like you guys, YES YOU. I guess I'm really lucky, I have a great family and great friends.

Ended 2010 the way I wanted to. With my best friends, not all of them unfortunately. It was great, talking, drinking just being with you guys =) I hope everyone achieves what they set out to do in 2011, and I hope you guys face as little heartache as possible =)

Remember:
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

AND with that I end this post with a poem:-



Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
-Mother Teresa

No comments: